Monday 22 June 2009

Letter to David Milliband


Further to the Gibraltar press release I have also e-mailed the RH David Milliband who is the foreign secretary, See letter below:

Letter sent out today by e-mail



Dear Mr Millband,

I am writing to you in my official capacity as coordinator of the South
West Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Greens group which is part
of the South-West Green Party, I am writing to urge you as the
Foreign Secretary, to intervene and let Gibraltar’s Chief Minister,
Peter Caruana know that Gibraltar cannot be allowed to evade its human
rights obligations. The recent vote in the Gibraltar Parliament on the
age of consent for same sex couples must be overturned. I am sure you
are aware the age is currently set at sixteen in many areas including
the UK, I am sure you also further agree that a legal requirement
should be met. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan Cleminson
South-West LGBT Co-ordinator
+447922 818437
swlgbtgreens@greenparty.org.uk
http://southwest.greenparty.org.uk/region/southwest/lgbt.html

The South West LGBT Greens is part of the South West Green Party
and the Green Party of England and Wales. For further information
please see http://www.lgbtgreens.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment